Hello, Parenthood! (^^,)

By the time this entry is posted, my new book will be out, (yay) and so will the manifestation of God's awesomeness and love between two people. It all started with two pink lines on a stick... It took me a very long time to come to terms with it, let alone feel ready to tell the world. Many changes to my personal appearance set in. My body went into storage mode which had me retaining water pretty much everywhere including my nose and vocal chords (sha! ) which, I didn't notice til a number of people repeatedly pointed it out (Smh, thanks, guys!) Needless to say, no part of me was spared. Accepting myself didn't come easily, especially because each time I did, someone would say something to shatter my confidence and have me start all over again. I hated looking in the mirror or having my picture taken. I couldn't stay in doors for nine months of course so the sooner I accepted myself the sooner things got better. I remember thinking to myself "I'm so gonna write about this one day." What got me through was reminding myself countless times that it was just a season that would pass. And so, "strong" became my new "pretty." (^^,) I had to learn to cut myself some slack. I'm the sort of person who won't start something I feel I won't finish or do right. It may be something as simple as washing dishes or cleaning a room. If I feel I'm unable to give it my best, I'd rather not begin . I had to let go and let others serve me for a change .
I enjoy being productive, I have discovered that people are generally terrified of being still. There were days when pregnancy fatigue (and yes it's a thing) struck me oh so suddenly, the extent of it took me by surprise. I really had no choice but to be still. Of course that didn't stop me fidgeting and trying to get up before I was ready to because it all seemed strange and unfamiliar to me. I like being in control, and having a choice. Life doesn't always give you either. This trait manifests itself partially in my love for DIY. I gather it's because when I do things myself I can work at my own pace while being free to make and learn from my own mistakes. It's been 9+ months of ridicule, great testing, faith, hope, love, tears and grace. I have this one regret. That when I was told a pregnant woman can get away with anything, I did not take advantage hahaha. Pregnancy ; the perfect excuse for sleeping during the day, eating whatever you want because "the baby wants it" LoL (lies I tell you!), bad hair days and fashion no no's, I take away from this experience an increased reverence for God, and some vast knowledge on the subject, having experienced and read A LOT (where was this me when I was in school!) , a new appreciation for my mother and of course, a beautiful little man. Once, in my tired state I said, "I wish I could say I look forward to resting once the baby is born but I've been told that that is when the real "labour" begins." To which my mom said, "You will enjoy raising that child so much you will not consider it labour but service." Bless her soul. Hello, parenthood. It's a new season. Days will turn into weeks, weeks into months and months into years. On this journey there will be no mistakes only lessons. I have lately heard a lot about you, not all of it inspiring; but I'm hoping we can be friends :). To the young and unmarried, Two Are Better Than One, and as they say in extreme sports (not!) ,if you can help it, please don't try this alone! (^^,)

Comments