Me, Myself & D.I.Y (^^,)

I missed my blog and thought an update was in order….and not just because my data bundle expires at midnight ;-) Since my last post, I have drowned myself in endless DIY projects. I believe you shouldn’t have to pay for anything you can do yourself. There’s something very fulfilling about this that only DIY enthusiasts would attest to. I even learned how to do my own crochet braids, yay! Some quotes about creativity: An artist cannot fail. It is success just to be one. Charles Horton Cooley. The creative adult is the child who survived. Creativity is intelligence having fun. Albert Einstein. Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep! See what others don’t see. This is creativity. Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. It is better to be weird than ordinary. Ordinary is boring :) He who works with his hands is a laborer. He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman. He who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist. St Francis of Assisi I finally watched “Pan” & Jack the Giant Slayer albeit out of mere curiosity. And also more recently The Legend of Tarzan, & The Jungle Book. Though much anticipated, they didn’t have the *must stay awake* effect on me. They ruined it for the kids in this generation, I’ll tell you that. I did enjoy Paul Blart Mall Cop 2, Out of The Shadows (The new TMNT movie), Rachet & Clank (would have missed this one because of its name which I thought was lame at first haha, great movie though) and I always love a good Ice Age movie so Collision Course wasn’t half bad. Oh, and the Secret Life of Pets. “Keep it up, Max! You’re doing great! Well, you’re not doing great, but you’re not drowning, and that’s something!” Hahaha Mazel tov! But Hollywood, do us a favor, leave the classics alone :( I finally found “The Lady, Her Lover & Her Lord” which a friend of mine recommended a loooong time ago and even though I am only halfway through reading it, I am enthralled. Every page is poetry. “To my wife-it has been such a joy to watch you evolve. The years have painted a grace on your face, a strength in your eyes, and an unmistakable elegance in your gait. You are more beautiful today than I have ever seen you. I didn’t know when I married you how much of a treasure I was actually getting in one lace-clad, pearl covered Nubian Princess. You are the best deal I ever negotiated. Every year I walk with God. He helps me to improve. He is making a good husband and father out of me. It has helped me so much to be specially crafted and designed for you. The pattern is perfect, but there are so many flaws in the material. Nevertheless, I am anointed to be your man, and I will walk with you wherever, whenever, however. Thanks for being my friend and lover, and for showing me the Lord in your undying insistence that I can do all things. Do not ever doubt that you are the strong gust of wind that I feel under me whenever I spread my wings. Because of you, I believe I can fly! TDJ” Wow! My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary. I was a lot more excited on this than our actual wedding day which if we must keep it 100, ladies, is absolutely nerve-wrecking! Looking back now I know I grew up that day :) My Dad taught me that food that is seasoned with love tastes a whole lot better. And May Alcott (whoever that is LoL) said, “The humblest tasks get beautified if loving hands do them.” I don’t miss Daddy any less but I am grateful to have many who still look out for me because they understand that before I was anything else when I came into this world, I was a daughter. I am a lot of things now, best of all, I am happy. My husband is my friend, my confidant, my go to guy and partner on this life long journey. It’s a wrap. I’m around his finger #blushblush (**,)

Comments

  1. I didn't realize you watch so much movies lol

    The Lady, Her lover, and Her Lord. I fell in love with the song. I heard it at a very young age but I can still sing the chorus. Even at that tender age, barelt understanding what the words meant, I felt. I even wanted to cry. Tsk. Lol

    I should involve myself more in DIYs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha well.....

      I don't know the song, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the book. Oh wow, is that how old the book is? LoL!

      Oh yeah, you should most definitely D.I.Y! It's great therapy for the mind and the pocket! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, Pablo from Argentina :)


    Visiting now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment