THE WAY I SEE IT (^^,)

I haven’t been too big on movies lately. Two days ago was perhaps the first time I watched a movie in a while. To Save A Life is an intense but great movie. I picked up one or ten things (^^,) that got me thinking. If you unknowingly take your own life, it doesn’t qualify as suicide. At least, I don’t think so. There are many people who claim they would never do it. But if you know that and have been warned time and again that your actions could be fatal, then that should qualify. Put plainly, risky behavior is a form of suicide. It all depends on how you look at it. Aaaaanyway (^^,)…… Speaking of different perspectives; we recently celebrated 48 years of Independence yay hooray; although…….I have my own definition of independence from which I feel we are insufferably far. Living alone is not independence until I no longer feel the need to go stock up on supplies from my folks’ pantry! But that’s a whole other story =). What reminded me of this was something someone said on the drive back home from a friend’s birthday dinner the night before Independence Day. He said, “What I like most about the holiday is not the long weekend, but the short week.” That’s one great way to look at things, I think =). Recently I observed how some scars fade more quickly than others. I burnt myself ironing twice in different places a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised to find that they are almost no longer visible. Yet I have had some scars, some from childhood, which I still have. Admittedly I do not know why this is so. But I do know that some scars don’t easily fade and others never will, depending on the severity of the injury sustained or the procedural cause. Such scars will probably, unless corrected by plastic surgery, follow us to our final resting places. This reminds me a lot about life. There are some things that we get over quickly, and some we hardly ever recover from. For example; one can get over the loss of a job more quickly than the death of a loved one. With time the pain becomes easier to bear, and after a while I do attest to the fact that you become able to look back on only the fond memories that they left behind. And that’s what a scar is; a memory. In a way, scars identify us. Like if I croaked beyond recognition in car wreckage (heaven forbid (^^,)), all else failing, they would most likely serve as identification. I suppose this is one of the reasons why passports contain such detail. A scar is special. It is unlike a tattoo. Scars are acquired. While as tattoos are somewhat deliberate (unless you are drunk stupid in Vegas and you wake up married and screaming the next morning hehe). I remember how cool it used to be to show off your scar at school when we were kids. Being a kid rocks! Your “swag’ may not be “on” but if you thought that it did, and that’s all that really mattered; and you were excused because you were just a kid! (^^,). I like what Chris Cleave (and again, I don’t know who that is LoL) said about scars in Little Bee (which, I’m guessing is a book but I'm open to correction LOL), “….a scar is never ugly. That is what the scar makers want us to think. But you and I must make an agreement to defy them. We must see all scars as beauty. Okay? This will be our secret. Because take it from me, a scar does not form on the dying. A scar means “I survived” (^^,)

Comments