A TALE WITHIN A TALE (**,)

Science reveals that the most fragile part of the human body is probably the eyeball, or the very minute bones inside the ear. But I resolve, metaphorically of course (^^,) that the heart happens to be the most fragile. Ironic though, isn’t it? Considering how it is protected by the rib cage; it is easy to get to it through channels such as the eyes, the ears, and the skin. From these, into the mind and from the mind they journey on to the heart. Once it’s broken, no Nobel Prize awardee can fix it. Sigh. Anyhoo, I paid a revisit to The Princess & The Frog the other day for some odd reason. I’m quite sure I don’t know why ;-). I still don’t like the dark side of it, and for that reason alone, would not recommend it for raw young minds. In these tales, though, I do notice, through much use of metaphor, that at the center of each, lies a moral that gives the story its power. Not all princesses are looking for a prince. Some of them just really want a frog with a prince’s heart. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince, and sometimes when you kiss the frog, you turn into one =O. Sometimes someone may have to kiss a frog for you in order for him to turn into your prince grrrrr LoL. I am sure we have all been tempted to sell out at some point in our lives, when someone offered us a shortcut to our destiny, an easy way out, an offer we almost couldn’t refuse. sigh. I enjoyed the scene where the shadow-man offered to grant Tiana hers and her dad’s wish, “the dream that never got off the front porch”, bringing to mind all that she had had to sacrifice, all the opportunities she had to bypass, all the voices that had mocked….she was “almost there…” But, to my surprise and delight, she said, “My daddy never did get what he wanted…..but he had what he needed. He had love and he never lost sight of what was really important. And neither will I.” she was her daddy’s daughter, and what he had in him she had in herself. That said, Raymond the lightening bug gets my vote for most memorable character. Ray, despite being the smallest creature in the movie, had the biggest heart. Remember how he stepped…rather flew on the scene and helped Tiana and Naveen get untangled when they lost control of their…uhmmm… tongues lol. What about when the frog hunters attacked and lil Ray saved the day? He didn’t have to, and I don’t suppose anyone expected him to, but he did it anyway. There’s something about a “man” who laughs in the face of danger. And when he warded off the shadow creatures with his little light? A little light does make a huge difference in the dark. “Don’t make me light my butt!” He warned lol. And how can we forget how he made Naveen realize he was in love with Tiana. And how, when she burst his bubble with the truth about Evangeline being “just a star,” he chose to believe she was only “speaking out of a broken heart” =’). Raymond remained Evangeline’s biggest fan, singing her praise and remaining loyal to her, despite her being unable to talk back. They didn’t see what he saw in her, no, they couldn’t. Deep down, believing with all his little heart that in her silence, she adored him too. And that one day, they would be (re)unified in fire & fly harmony (**,). Though separated by distance and forces beyond their control, thus flourished the love of a firefly and a great ball of fire=). True love knows no distance, it is not quenched by separation, deliberately overlooks indifference, attempts what is above its strength and hopes where hope seems to elude. Truly, a tear escaped me when he died and several more when he was finally united with his true love the evening star. Not all fairy tales end in happily ever after. But it does seem like the lot of them do, doesn’t it? Well, if yours didn’t end in happily ever after, perhaps it’s not over…….perhaps….perhaps, there’s no such thing as fairytales = (. Once upon a time was a tale within a tale, summed up in these few little words…... “Look how she lights up the sky, my belle, Evangeline. So far above me yet I know her heart belongs to only me. J’et adore, j’et aime Evangeline. You’re my queen of the night, so still, so bright, that someone as beautiful as she could love someone like me. Love always finds a way, its true, and I love you, Evangeline. Love is beautiful, love is everything, do you agree? Mais’ oui! Look how she lights up the sky, I love you, Evangeline” =”)

Comments