POETRY IN PAIN (^^,)

Yooooo! Once again she’s back again, that young chick, N.i, kk.i (^^,). That used to be my hip hop show’s opening line, maaan, I’ve grown lol. You totally know you’re advancing in years when it drains your energy to hold a convo with someone who is ten or so years younger than you and you have no idea what the heck they’re sayin’! Its like a friend of mine said, “Tryna keep up with fleeting youth” lol Oh gosh, I can’t believe I now know how he felt! LoLest. I was in the waiting room of an office building somewhere and I kept hearing someone running up and down the stairs, and I thought, hmmm, it really takes confidence to do that! Originally I had titled this post “a consolidation of my thinks.” I think it’s kinda sad how most of what I share starts with “I think”, gosh; don’t I “know” anything? LoL Hmmm I also think that consolation and consolidate have the same past, but possess a different future and purpose. (^^,) I like the way I think. This post is longish but read on, there’s a prize for you at the end. Oh, by the way, I did a self analysis and guess what! I think I finally figured out why I’m so attracted to superheroes. I think. And it’s not just ‘cos their abs are….nice LoL. Its cos I probably have a bit of a damsel in distress thing going on =O, since I am in fact a damsel, I can perhaps get away with it. The good or bad (probably both) thing about this for me in particular is that I also happen to have a superhero complex. I just can’t help wanting to help aaaaaargh!!!!! Well, that was easy. Seriously, dudes, why should I have to pay $100 an hour just to be told something like that in therapy??? Sometimes you just gotta look in the mirror to find the answers you need 8- ), and sometimes you need only ask a few questions in order to sound helpful he he personally I think I don’t particularly enjoy interrogation. Recently I suffered a severe case of the maybes, plus a severe case of the ouwys. I rediscovered the Francis Gay Friendship book series and they are a blast. About myself, I have learned, that the remedy for readers’ block is, reading to share. Often when I try and read for myself, my mind wanders off. But when I read with sharing in mind, it totally sinks in. Aaaaah, so that’s why teachers are so…..knowledgeable LoL I watched The Dilemma, Letters to God, Blessed & Cursed, What Happens in Las Vegas and so on. We’ll talk about what I learned later….maybe hehe. Anyhoo, I did a little study on some philosophies about pain and I came across these quotes of interest: It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to forget sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace. Chuck Palahnuik Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences but shouts in our pains. It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world. C.S. Lewis People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is but that’s bull. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel? Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they are wrong. Pain is something to carry like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel pain. Jim Morrison. Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty four hours a day. Markus Zusak Sure, we’d faced some things as children that a lot of kids don’t. Sure, Justin had qualified for his junior de Sade Bade in his teaching methods for dealing with pain. We still hadn’t learned though, that growing up is all about getting hurt. And then getting over it. You hurt. You recover. You move on. Odds are pretty good you’re going to get hurt again, but each time you do, you learn something. Each time, you come out a little stronger and at some point you realize that there are more flavors of pain than coffee. There’s the little empty pain of leaving something behind-graduating, taking the next step forward, walking out of something familiar and safe into the unknown. There’s the big, whirling pain of upending all your plans and expectations. There’s the sharp little pains of failure, and the more obscure aches of successes that didn’t give what you thought they would. There are the vicious, stabbing pains of hopes being torn up. The sweet little pains of finding others, giving them your love, and taking the joy in their life they grow and learn. There’s the steady pain of empathy that you shrug off so you can stand beside a wounded friend and help them bear their burdens. And, if you’re very, very lucky, there are a very few blazing hot pains you feel when you realized that you are standing in a moment of utter perfection, an instant of triumph, or happiness, or mirth which at the same time cannot possibly last-and yet will remain with you for life. Everyone is down on pain, because they forget something important about it: Pain is for the living. Only the dead don’t feel it. Pain is a part of life. Sometimes it’s a big part of the big puzzle, the deep music, the great game. Pain does two things: it teaches you, tells you that you’re alive. Then it passes away and leaves you changed. It leaves you wiser, sometimes, sometimes it leaves you stronger. Either way, pain leaves its mark, and everything important that will ever happen to you in life is going to involve it in one degree or another. Jim Butcher I think about the meaning of pain. Pain is personal. It really belongs to the one feeling it. Probably the only thing that is your own. I like mine. Henry Rollins Pain is the feeling. Suffering is the effect the pain inflicts. If one can endure pain, one can live without suffering. If one can withstand pain, one can withstand anything. If one can learn to control pain, one can learn to control oneself. James Frey It’s the same with people who say, “Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Even people who say this must realize that the exact opposite is true. What doesn’t kill you maims you, cripples you, leaves you weak, make you whiny and full of yourself at the same time. The more pain, the more pompous you get, whatever doesn’t kill you make you incredibly annoying. Rob Sheffield. (^^,) Bonus! “I don’t want you to die. In fact, I want you to live. I want you to live long enough to realize just how silly you were to think that you were going to die.” Nicole Masauli in Reasoning with Self =) Congratulations if you reached the end of this looong post. Click on the title banner to claim your prize hehehe!

Comments