SOBERANDOM (Sober and Random)

Today I am wondering if the human body has shock absorbers, I think mine need to be replaced (^^,). November is almost over and may I say that I am glad that it is. It probably wasn’t the best month for many people this year. Please, Christmas, don’t delay. Blogging, next to singing, confiding in a friend, long walks and dancing (for some) is a good way to get your thoughts out and release some tension. It’s healthier than crying I think. Excessive crying may lead to dehydration ;-) You can never succeed if you are afraid to fail. It’s easy to embrace your successes but it’s equally important to learn and be able to embrace your failures as well. I don’t particularly like to say “I know how you feel.” I’d rather say, “I hear you, I feel you or I understand” or sometimes just be there and say nothing at all. Even silence has a sound. A ticking clock, cricket noises, even your own heartbeat. As much as I know what an apple tastes like, I will never know what that same apple tastes like to someone else. In the same way, I will never know what pain feels like to another. I find most of Murphy’s Laws annoying but some of them are annoying facts. For example that “Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.” I haven’t watched anything new since Rio but I have been thoughtfully listening to Warren Barfield’s Love Is Not A Fight. Deep. Love is more than just a chemical reaction in the brain that induces bliss. It’s one of the most powerful forces in the universe to which those who would faint concede defeat as they believe that the only way to win some wars is to lose them. Either way, love is not a fight, but its something worth fighting for. It’s a beautiful thing. I’m thankful for love. Been taking time out to say thank you for a lot of things in my life. Things we so often take for granted. Like family, friends, life itself and all things that pertain. The best thing that we can do for people we care about when they die is to live and love those we still have. Broken, dysfunctional, with some parts missing, with all parts intact, related by blood, legal papers or spirituality, family is still family. I’m thankful for family. Sometimes it’s not what you have but how you use it. Sometimes in order to live, one must die, but it’s essential that before one dies, they live. Live, love, laugh, rock. (well, that’s what it says on my t-shirt 8- )).

Comments