FROM THE FOXHOLE

Yay hooray! Winter is finally over (doin’ a happy dance….no, really he he he!) and here I am again, from the foxhole =), no easy way to learn anything valuable in this world, I tell ya! So…how’s everybody been? And no, people who talk to themselves like me are not insane, they are CREATIVE yes sir!

Probably the biggest lesson that I learned is “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”

Just so we are clear, this is not an advice column. Otherwise it would be called Dear Nikki or something like that LoL. I ducked into a foxhole for a while and these are just some of the random stuff I dug up while I was down there. Ooooooh I miss cakeboss and How Do I Look. I did watch Gnomeo and Juliet the other day. Some people are just not gifted in the area of OBVIOUS. So, they are playing charades and someone says, “I’m thinking of a movie. Its one word and it starts with spider…” Duh!!!!!!

Ignorance can be quite entertaining at times I must say. One Gnome declares “I’m not illiterate, my parents were married!” LoL Good times.

Anyhoo, there is no such thing as a perfectly blissful relationship. Relationships by their very nature are rollercoaster rides. If you are afraid of heights (smirk), or if you don’t have the stomach for them, don’t get on, plain and simple. And kids, you have to be at least “this tall” to get on ;-)

If you think you’ve got what it takes, the strap yourself in and hold on REAL tight. It’s terrifyingly exhilarating and don’t worry if you get scared, it’s totally natural, and it’s actually ok to scream (“,

Never tolerate more than you have to. That’s another lesson that I learned. There is a lot of rudeness that we encounter when for example, we are using public transportation. From being nudged in the ribs, to being stepped on to being yelled at.

The most constant thing in life is change itself, and at times it seems that the more things change, the more things remain the same. As frustrating as that sounds, most of the times you will discover that it is true.

Ignorance is bliss. I have heard that many times, and have recently asked myself whether that is truth or just plain fact. Let me elaborate. The difference between truth and fact is that fact has a tendency to change. It is dependant on times, seasons and circumstances. Where as truth will always remain truth at all times.

This is how I came to the conclusion that the expression “Ignorance is bliss” is in actual fact, just a fact. If you are as curious as I am about everything, sooner or later you will come to realise that there are some things in life you are better off not knowing. My dad once said to me, “You don’t have to know everything in this world. Just know enough to get by.”

Speaking of knowledge, did you know, snails can sleep for three years without eating? Wow… with global recession and what not, don’t we all wish we were snails! Did I say wow? I meant euww =)

Comments

Post a Comment