LESSONS LEARNED BEING BURNED

Whoa…it’s been almost a month since my last entry. I must have totally spaced =)! Been thinking about what it really means when people say you’re strong. Dictionary.com defines the word “strong” as being powerful; vigorous, not weak, intense and able to resist strain or force.

To be strong does not mean that you don’t feel pain, it simply means that you are able to grin and bear it (^^,). Okay, you don’t have to grin LoL! One of my favorite quotes for the past couple of years is by Mark Twain, where he defines fear as being the mastery of as opposed to the absence of fear. Courage is the ability to feel the fear, but not allowing it to consume you. You feel the fear, but it doesn’t cause you to totally space out =) become paralyzed or cease to function.

Who ever thought Gregory House was quote-worthy? LoL, no really, he is. I’m not even talking about “Everybody lies.” I was intrigued the other day when I was watching a rerun of House when he said “All that evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing.” Hmmm…..did you know Hugh Laurie actually played the roach in Monsters Versus Aliens? Funny. Oh, enjoyed Planet 51 the other day. Great stuff.

I learn some of life’s lessons in the unlikeliest (unlikeliest is a word? I didn’t know that LoL!) of scenarios. Travelling light is great, for a number of reasons. Except when the only shoe you brought snaps in two; then you’re in trouble. I love sandals. I had to wear my sisters’ sandals the other day because mine finally decided they were tired of abuse =) and I realized something. If you are a size 6, turning a 9 upside down will NOT make it fit =)

How many of us in the world are trying to be what we are not? When we were kids and someone said, “Hey, just be yourself” we used to wonder what they meant. I mean, what else CAN you be but yourself? Then we grew up and realized that being yourself is actually the hardest thing to be.

The truth is that most of us don’t know who we are. And the majority of us don’t like who we are. And no matter what we may argue, every person in one way or another is trying to be someone else. Those of us who have a lot of friends change to suit our environment because we want to blend in. its natural, we just have to accept it. We all have split personalities GET OVER IT!!!!! (^^,)

There’s no quick and painless way out of a relationship. If there was, there wouldn’t be as many broken hearts in the world. And not as many sappy boybands LoL!!!

Comments