JUST GRIN & BEAR IT (^^,)

Ollo! =) My name is Myra Nicole Masauli.

I love to watch the Style Network. More specifically How Do I Look. I enjoy seeing the transformation and seeing people realize their potential. I also enjoy Chuck, House, Drop Dead Diva and more recently discovered Fairly Legal. I also enjoy watching How Its Made on Discovery Channel (I think that’s where it’s featured! LoL!)

I like Cake Boss, Whose Wedding Is It Anyway (probably not for the reasons you think!), Clean House, Psych etc. I like to think that I’m versatile, but looking at my list,I’ll let you decide =)! Perhaps if all of these were scutinized, there would be something, at least one thing similar about them? Hmmmm…..are Glee and Globe Trekker alike in any weird way? LoL!

Although I probably won’t select the Travel channel, I think I don’t find it that hard to tolerate. You may even catch me watching BBC Food once in a while. I am not that crazy about food, but I am crazy about the art and science behind the cooking. Cooking is where art and science meet in perfect harmony.

I am not into sports and I accept that about myself =). Every time I accept something about myself I smile, accepting stuff about your self is great! I enjoyed the scene from Up In The Air where they were talking about what or whom they thought they would be (with) by a certain age. “At some point, you just stop with the deadlines. It’s counterproductive…..”

Glad that’s out of the way.

I believe the tongue and the mind are beasts! The wildest most hardest beasts to tame in the human anatomy. Achieve taming those and there’s very little you can’t do!

My handwriting tends to change depending on what mood I am in or how long I’ve been writing, and that’s ok too! =) By the way, I prefer to be called simply “Nik.”

I think a woman’s self esteem is one of her best assets. If that remains boosted, she is a joy to herself and great company to keep. Looking good and feeling good are very important for a woman, well, any one really, and being comfortable in your own skin makes for a great life. If you don’t like the way you look, change it! (If you can help it)

Funny thing confidence; it can make people believe in you. Our cook of over twenty years hardly went to school but we trust him to predict the weather! Can you believe that? He is not at all qualified to do so, but do you know why we value his opinion? His confidence when giving us the ‘forecast’, which of course is not always accurate! I mean wow, when I want to do my laundry, I ask, “Is it going to rain?” “It’s going to be very sunny today!” He says =). If I am going out and he says, “You’d better bring your umbrella along with you.” Once or twice I had ignored him and came back home soaking wet!

You know what else I think is an asset? Being decided. Indecision is a real energy drainer. Being able to make your mind up about something, deciding things for yourself and sticking it out. That is the stuff of legends. I heard or read somewhere that a woman who doesn’t change her mind doesn’t have one and I was like WHAT!?

As far as my living space is concerned, I strongly feel less is more. It feels great to get rid of old unusable stuff and acquire some new and simple stuff. If I could I would make a huge bonfire, invite a bunch of friends over and toss all that stuff in…..no, the stuff, not the friends LoL! Quality and not quantity is the idea.


I especially like to do this with my clothes. As much as old clothes are comforting, new ones feel great! Try getting a new pair of underwear as often as possible. Get rid of the old ones of course =)!  A manageable wardrobe is a lot less overwhelming and you don’t have to sit in front of it for hours or dig through a lot of stuff to decide what to wear. Wow. I say STUFF a lot! LoL!

I hate clutter. I find it depressing and suffocating, it’s probably why I tend to empty my text message and email inboxes on a regular. It’s so refreshing. Perhaps it also explains why I’m claustrophobic. Or does being claustrophobic explain why I hate clutter? Well, whichever way you look at it.

I also happen to be cluster-phobic. Reading its very definition gives me goose-bumps, let’s not even go there. The horror…the horror =0! You can add hylo-phobia and acro-phobia to my list as well.

I hate hate hate routine! I had to say it three times for emphasis. Ironically, I’m also afraid of change! I’m paradoxical like that =). And yeah, I accept that about myself too =). Even though I’m afraid of change, I believe that CHANGE IS GOOD!

I accept that I like comedy chick flicks =) I don’t know why admitting that was so hard when I was younger. I’m so okay with not being a tomboy anymore =). I think Valentine’s Day, Our Family Wedding, Husband For Hire; Lucky Seven & Just Married were great movies! =)

Oooh I just looooove animated movies. My current top 10 listing includes Megamind, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, Despicable Me, Bolt, Up, Tangled, Cars,  The Wild, Madagascar, Ice Age, The Barnyard, Shrek, The Princess & The Frog (minus the voodoo stuff which sorta creeped me  out and put me off =) 

Anyway, if I were to list all the movies I have enjoyed this year alone, it would probably take up this entire post, but, you get the idea.

At one point do you really stop getting to know someone? I think that you never do. And so, as much as my blog posts will not always be about me, it may not be possible to avoid some element of my persona in whatever I may feel like posting that day, so just grin and bear it, folks. Grin and bear it! (^^,)

Toodles!




Comments

Post a Comment