STILL ALIVE!!! (^^,)

Welcome to mi casa! It's French for 'front door' LoL. Hey, I talk for a living; does this mean I “eat” my words? LoLest! Yes, indeed, I missed myself too! I have some doting memories from watching The Lego Movie, The Book of Life, The Croods & “Home” a few times over, but surprisingly, no profundity. No quotable quotes as far as I’m concerned. I had to watch them a couple more times just to make sure and uh, I got nothing (^^,). Great laughs though! I hovered over them for a good long moment before passing them by, probably for Big Hero 6! Lately I have needed an incentive to watch a movie. I refuse to say it is because I am getting old haha. Watching too many of them I have discovered, can delude you from the real world. I’ve been trying to blog for a while, but uhmmm my husband’s computer doesn’t like me haha these machines are alive I tell you! Btw, there’s no such thing as a relationship expert, if that is what you do, I am sorry but, you don’t exist LoL Four days before my wedding (oh, by the way, I got married!! woohoo!!! (^^,) ) I fell prey to the “you only get to do this once” fever and decided to go all out. A few wedding do’s and don’ts for you: Ladies, do make sure you don’t have lipstick in your teeth; for some odd reason, this is a common occurrence! Unless you are an event planner, DO NOT evaluate your wedding. It will only fill you with unnecessary lament because the truth is, about 70% or more of what you wish or plan WON’T happen. If you are a DYI individual like me, you won’t want a wedding planner unless you are sure they can pull off at least 80% of your vision. And most of them can’t. Why? Because they are most efficient working on blank canvases. But if you are totally blank and don’t really care how it all goes down then hey, go for it (^^,). Aside from that, they also have to deal with family members who do not entirely understand your vision and have their own “dazzling” ideas. Issues of folklore also come into play. Imagine all that planning, some twelve others six months in the making, all that sweat, insomnia and cheddar for an event that lasts only for a couple of hours. Humans! But whether or not it turns out like you planned, at the end of the day, you will have gotten married ::biggerpicture:: (^^,). Oh and by the way; don’t try anything new! If I may be so generous as to recount my ordeal with the something borrowed and something “new” concept ::shudder::. One of the things I decided to do was to have false lashes done. Yikes. Not only did I discover that getting them done too long and too late was a bad idea, the supplier I purchased from assured me they could be trimmed. Either he lied or was ignorant. I choose the latter. Easier to forgive haha. Patience is virtue. I had texted my Barbie doll gal pal about what length to get and she took a little too long to respond and so I went with my gut. Apparently my gut is ignorant also haha. With that false confidence I went to her regular beauty shop where they did quite a “quick” job I must say. When I looked into the mirror I felt like I had fallen headfirst into a blender along with Betty Boop, Dolly Parton and Kimora Lee Simmons. It was not happening! My lashes were too thick, too obvious and certainly not me! Needless to say, I was already feeling overly self conscious and so the stares I got from people did not do much to help! My eyes felt heavy, awkward and burdened! When your mom & sisters say “whoa’ instead of “wow” soon as you get into the car, you know you have to pluck up the courage to have them removed; pluck being the key word here. Having been warned that the adhesive stays on for at least a month, & that the remover would probably buuuurn, I ran the risk of losing my real lashes, I PANICKED. With only twenty minutes to go before my wedding rehearsal, it took google, two beauticians, some water & baby oil to forcefully remove them (an interesting sight). Did I mention I was saying a prayer under my breath? (^^,) And no, the bland affair was mercifully not captured on camera (^^,) I walked away with red, puffy, literal sore eyes and a heartful of relief! Somehow I still had hope that my eyes would be back to normal by D-Day! And yes, they were (after a few hundred eye drops I had to get from the drug store!) Hats off to my make-up artist! But….I would not do it again (^^,)

Comments